1. There is ... information about this event.
|a) many||c) a few|
|b) much||d) few|
2. Great Britain consist of ... parts.
|a) some||c) somebody|
|b) any||d) anybody|
3. We’ll come if it ... raining.
|a) stop||c) will stop|
|b) stops||d) stopped|
4. No news ... good news
|a) is||c) were|
|b) are||d) have|
5. This is ... bedroom.
|a) Jane and Mary’s||c) Jane’s and Mary|
|b) Jane’s and Mary’s||d) Jane and Mary|
6. He was invited to pay ... official visit to Great Britain.
|a) a two-day||c) second day|
|b) two-days||d) two Тест 13-day’s|
7. This girl is not .. old as she looks.
|a) that||c) such|
|b) so||d) this|
8. She was busy and could not listen ... the radio.
|a) for||c) to|
|b) at||d) on|
9. ... you ... your friend have made a great progress in English.
|a) both... and||c) so... as|
|b) as... as||d) and... and|
10. It ... raining. Put on your raincoat.
|a) was||c) were|
|b) is||d) has|
11. It will be late when we ... home.
|a) shall come||c) come|
|b) will come||d) came|
12. She didn’t know where he ... his key.
|a) had put Тест 13||c) has put|
|b) puts||d) is putting|
13. Hardly had they left the house when the thunderstorm ... out.
|a) broke||c) had broken|
|b) has broken||d) had been broken|
14. Who ... America?
|a) did discover||c) has discovered|
|b) discovered||d) had discovered|
15. The sun is shining brightly, ... ?
|a) is it||c) does it|
|b) isn’t it||d) doesn’t it|
16. ... you like a cup of coffee?
|a) can||c) should|
|b) shall||d) would|
17. The power of knowledge ... placed in the hands of people.
|a) need||c) has to|
|b) is to||d) should be|
18. I have never heard ... ... .
|a Тест 13) she sing||c) her sing|
|b) she singing||d) her sang|
19. I expect the delegation ... later.
|a) arrive||c) shall arrive|
|b) to arrive||d) would arrive|
20. He asked me where ... going.
|a) am I||c) I am|
|b) was I||d) I was|
21. I don’t like ... jokes.
|a) this||c) her|
|b) hers||d) her’s|
22. John has ... finished his work.
|a) still||c) already|
|b) often||d) sometimes|
23. We want our exams ... over.
|a) be||c) was|
|b) to be||d) were|
24. You play the piano ... I do.
|a) much better than||c) more good Тест 13 than|
|b) better then||d) more good then|
25. I don’t eat butter and ... does he.
|a) either||c) also|
|b) neither||d) too|
26. ... clock ... a hundred roubles.
|a) this, cost||c) these, costs|
|b) this, costs||d) these, cost|
27. Mary didn’t write any letters and ... ... Nora.
|a) so did||c) either did|
|b) also did||d) neither did|
28. In 1999 the Petrovs ... London.
|a) visited||c) have visited|
|b) has visited||d) had visited|
29. I’d like to tell you the news. ... ... very interesting.
|a) it is||c) they are|
|b) there are||d) these are Тест 13|
30. Look out of the window. It ... hard.
|a) snow||c) snowed|
|b) snows||d) is snowing|
31. He ... shown new works of this painter last week.
|a) was||c) will be|
32. We made ... ... his new poems at the party.
|a) he read||c) him read|
|b) he to read||d) him to read|
33. Mary told me that she ... to Moscow.
|a) goes||c) hadn’t gone|
|b) hadn’t went||d) won’t go|
34. She ... ... at 7 o’clock every day.
|a) get up usually||c) usually get up|
|b) gets up usually||d) usually gets up|
35. I wondered if Тест 13 he ... jump into the river.
|a) is able||c) can|
|b) is able to||d) could|
36. I was looking ... gloves everywhere but I couldn’t find them.
|a) at||c) for|
|b) to||d) after|
37. When ... the civil war ... ?
|a) did, end||c) has, ended|
|b) did, ended||d) had ended|
38. I can come tomorrow if he ... me.
|a) invited||c) invite|
|b) invites||d) will invite|
39. What... you ... at 5 o’clock tomorrow?
a) will, do c) will, be doing
b) would, do d) will, have done
40. If you buy any more books, we ... any place to sleep
a) don’t have Тест 13 c) won’t have
b) didn’t have d) shan’t have
41. Don’t call on me. I shall ... Moscow by noon
a) leave c) be left
b) be leaving d) have left
42. The bridge will ... by tomorrow morning
a) be built c) have been built
b) be being built d) have built
43. He wanted to know which bus ...
a) would she take c) she takes
b) she would take d) she is taking
44. I’ll post the letter ...
a) by me c) oneself
b) myself d) ourselves
45. ... man has his own faults
a) Some c) Every
b) Both d) Everybody
46. A number of students ... present at the meeting yesterday
a) was c Тест 13) has been
b) were d) would be
47. His eyes were as bright as ...
a) her c) mine
b) my d) our
48. Your institute was founded in 1948, ...?
a) didn’t c) did
b) wasn’t d) does
49. ... money has been spent for the education this year
a) few c) a few
b) little d) many
50. He is often laughed ...
a) on c) above
b) at d) about